About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Athleta’s purpose is to ignite a community of active, healthy, and confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential. We believe alone we are strong, but united we thrive. #PowerOfShe
The Senior Manager, Field L&D at Athleta is responsible for the creation, oversight and execution of the field learning strategy and key partner for field talent management practices for the Athleta brand. As part of the Gap Inc. Enterprise Talent Management team, the leader of Field L&D dual reports to the Director, Athleta Talent Management and Sr. Director Field Enterprise Talent Management while building strong partnerships with field business leadership (Stores Vice President and Market Directors), HR Business Partners and cross-brand peers to design programs and experiences that develop key capabilities and a sustainable pipeline across the field organization.
Collaboration & Influencing
What you'll do
- This is an individual contributor role with leadership and oversight of project teams
- Create, drive and manage the execution of the field learning strategy for the Athleta Brand
- Establish and develop partnership with key business partners, functional leaders and enterprise stakeholders
- Contribute and collaborate as a member of both the Enterprise Field Talent Management/L&D team and Athleta Talent Management team to influence and balance enterprise scale with brand personalization
- Assess training needs for all levels of the field organization
- Design, deliver, and support innovative, simple, sustainable and effective field focused learning solutions with an enterprise/leveraged mindset
- Create and / or customize curriculum and collateral to build leadership and technical skills & competencies
- Collaborate with Field HR to communicate, market and evaluate learning solutions and offerings
- Responsible for project managing, planning and executing programs/deliverables from start to finish while leveraging appropriate change management practices to ensure delivery in a timely, well-coordinated manner
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with business leaders and key stakeholders
- Partner with subject matter experts (SME’s) to ensure learning content, experiences and materials reflect the audience learning needs
- Engage with HR Field Leaders on key talent processes such as Performance Management, Succession Planning, Teaming and Development & Career Planning to support field leader development and growth
- Manage the Field L&D budget
- Maintain and grow industry knowledge in L&D/TM
Who you are
- Has created and successfully managed the design and delivery of learning solutions to meet the business goals and objectives
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to deliver with speed, quality and continuous iteration to drive innovation
- Proven ability to facilitate small and large training and team effectiveness sessions (live and remotely) and experience with various learning technologies
- Demonstrated project and program management – ability to plan, identify, coordinate and track critical activities, milestones and deliverables with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Has effectively tracked, monitored and managed expenditures against budget
- Can operate in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, matrixed environment with multiple competing priorities
- Excited about translating strategy to action and rallying resources to deliver
- Can position themselves as a trusted advisor and influencer to senior leaders and executive sponsors
- Understands and uses relationships to drive effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders
- Ability to present ideas effectively, represent the best interests of all stakeholders, guide discussions, shift thinking, enable stakeholders to express concerns and drive alignment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs