About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Inc. Product Management is looking for a Product Manager II to join our team to support product vision, strategy development and execution of store experience capabilities with targeted focus on point of sale and innovation in checkout. You will be responsible for identifying high-value opportunities and working directly with engineers to continuously improve the experience for both our external and internal customers. Primarily store leaders and associates.
Our proprietary, multi-brand platform drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences for our family of brands. The role requires a combination of business savvy and technical knowledge.
What you'll do
- Serves as product owner, leader, and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development
- Champions the needs of the customer and business stakeholders throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with local and distributed business partners and agile development teams
- Delivers software incrementally, on schedule and within budget
- Identifies multiple approaches and negotiates trade-offs with stakeholders
- Partners with user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams
- Works with business teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts, as needed
- Conducts analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
Who you are
- 3+ years of product management-related roles and activities
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Storeetail experience a plus
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the customer needs, achieved business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams
- Able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to business users
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation format to business leaders at all levels and influence key stakeholders across the organization
- Experience with the Agile/iterative development process a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs