About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Old Navy 3PL director leads and develops a team to drive competitive advantage and cost savings for Gap Inc. by developing strategies to deliver results in current areas under management and identifying new opportunities for savings and process improvement. The Director is responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with senior leaders that lead to on-going strategic partnerships. The Director also oversees effective planning and implementation for multiple categories and management processes. The Director is responsible for developing the leadership and coaching skills of the managers on their team and across the department.
The 3rd party and Licensing team is a sourcing organization within Gap Inc. that handles strategy, sourcing and production management for the products within Gap Inc. that are bought from a third party, private label and/or licensing vendor. The team supports a variety of product categories from private label shoes, to licensed apparel, to beauty/personal care and more. Our team provides end to end support -market intelligence, benchmarking support, negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and complete production management.
What you'll do
- Provide high-level guidance on sourcing strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ long-range plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Production and sourcing management: materials knowledge, trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, costing, SOT
- Develop and empower talent: leads leaders of others - coaches and develops team on both technical and soft skills; develops the coaching and leadership skills of managers of others
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across varied functions and levels with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: maintain strong connections with a wide network of peers and leaders across multiple organizations and industry groups
- Strong analytical mindset
- Define category performance targets and lead team to achieve goals; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define 3PL’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Subject matter expert to the broader organization in the development of plans for implementation and change management for projects
- Act as a change agent to drive GAP Inc. wide process, scale and leverage opportunities
Who you are
- Talent Builder: Proven track record of developing long-term capabilities in others and across a global organization, having found enjoyment developing best-in-industry teams and sharing talent across the organization.
- Strategic Orientation: significant experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to drive broad strategic impact across a business. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Sourcing Capability: Significant experience leading a team and driving long-term results through category strategies, levering in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the organization.
- Change Leadership: experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 12 + years professional experience in production, sourcing, global supply chain, merchandising or management consulting.
- Experience in licensing a plus.
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs