About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Director, Talent Management GSC & China is responsible for the oversite and leadership of the talent strategy and activities for the GSC function and China Business including; talent planning, HQ learning & development, performance management and Talent Acquisition & OE for GSC. This leader and team will be accountable for ongoing talent needs assessment and working to ensure leaders are supported in building sustainable talent pipelines in and across functions.
What you'll do
- Build and drive a multi-function talent strategy for the businesses (including TA)
- Implement enterprise talent practices appropriate to the GSC and China cultures
- Create and drive the L&D activities for new leader programs, high potential programs and team effectiveness solutions etc.
- Plan and support the execution of consistent talent exchanges across the businesses
- Lead and manage a multi-function TM team, including, TA, L&D, OE and Talent Operations
- Drive the leader assessment strategy for GSC and China
- Partner with the Ex Dev team to bring development plans to life for leadership teams
- Coach and advise leaders
- Ensure performance management (GPS) practices are adopted by leaders and across functions
- Partner across Talent Mgmt. Team and lead and or co-create talent solutions for the enterprise
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with business leaders and key stakeholders
- Build and maintain a high-performing team
- Create a team environment where leaders and teams are empowered and resourceful
- Continually bring new and innovative thinking to the Talent Management community
Who you are
- Has created and successfully led a global Talent and Change strategies/projects across multiple functions/ businesses
- Has successfully delivered and scaled learning programs across multiple functions/businesses
- Proven ability to support dynamic multi-function client groups at all levels
- Has led and delivered results in the TA function
- Demonstrated capability in building high- performing teams
- Can operate and lead a team in a highly dynamic, matrixed environment with multiple competing priorities
- Understands and uses relationships to drive effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders
- Can position themselves as a trusted advisor to senior leaders, peers and executive sponsors
- Has demonstrated curiosity and ability to deliver with speed, quality and continuous iteration to drive innovation
- Is known for leading change and innovation to deliver ahead of need
- Proven ability to make enterprise complexity simple
- Proven track record of delivering enterprise solutions with quality and speed
- Demonstrated capability and deep understanding of industry Talent Management Practices
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs