About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Director of Pipeline Strategy is accountable for identifying and driving efficiencies in the existing Product to Market pipeline, helping to integrate functional strategies into the cross-functional pipeline as well as innovating new ways of working.
In leading the product to market (p2M) pipeline process work, this person will help coordinate which processes need to be better integrated across the entire Old Navy pipeline while also identifying what’s needed to transform the p2M operating model and drive the right integration points across teams.
They will be accountable for working cross-functionally across Design, Merchandising, Production, Inventory Management, and Marketing, and cross-channel with the Online and Store teams.
This person will take on a key leadership and change management role to drive transformation and ongoing efficiency across the teams, with the primary liaison being with the functional operational strategy roles.
This role will be responsible for identifying conflicts in the p2M calendar across functions or channels and bring forward solutions and dialogue with the Executive Leadership Team to resolve.
This role reports directly to the VP of Strategy, Innovation and Product Operations and will collaborate with the functional strategy/operations Directors to increase the effectiveness of cross-functional process and create better synergies throughout the teams. The key responsibility is to unlock capability and process improvements to deliver the business across the brand’s p2M process.
What you'll do
- Change Leadership
- Drives Results
- Collaboration + Influencing
- Be a thought leader to transform the brand pipeline process; demonstrate creative reimagining of the pipeline process
- Understand change management implications of functional pipeline changes to identify how the changes impact the P2M process including impacts to marketing and other channels
- Partner and co-create with cross-functional product teams to identify improvement opportunities, streamlining of processes and effective operating meetings
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across initiatives
- Enable thought leadership and strategic thinking for leaders to enable a common operating model
- Provide leadership, direction and facilitate integration activities across functions to ensure successful project implementation and support
- Proactively manage risk and issues; and mitigation efforts as appropriate
- Provide leadership on change management & project management methodology, standards, technical, strategy, and quality
- Direct optimization of key x-functional processes through use of Lean Six Sigma/Black Belt role to drive continued productivity and improvements
- Lead the implementation of capabilities across functions – ensure the adoption of the right people/org process and tools in collaboration with the product strategy Directors of each function
- Proactively work with cross-functional partners (Merchandising, Design, Production, Technical Design, R&D, Inventory Management) in managing competing priorities/calendar overlaps/senior leadership calendars
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10-15 years' experience in retail, preferable in Inventory Management, Merchandising, Production, or Design
- Business Process: Proven track record of delivering on large scale process changes and business implementations; ability to mobilize and organize diverse, cross-functional groups to deliver on business objectives
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Influencing, Negotiation, and Communication Skills: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs