We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
What you'll do
The role of the Inventory Management team is to manage the financial success of one or more categories by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals. The IM Planner owns product category end to end considering channel differences, but planning and managing the inventory holistically to maximize the category. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets.
- Learning Agility
- Strategic Orientation
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risk and opportunity for one or more categories
- Manage the pre-season planning process and develop division/department or class financial plans. Ensure plans support broader brand/category strategies
- Collaborate with merchandising partners to set pre-season detailed assortment sales and investment plans that align with top-line class level plans
- Responsible for in-season open-to-buy activities at class level
- Ensure receipt accuracy to support in-season management and recommended chase, air and/or proper receipt flow
- Strategize, recommend and execute in-season pricing to maximize business goals and consider impacts across channels
- Develop month forecasts of sales and inventory for Basics, as required
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to Manager and/or Director and cross-functional team on a weekly basis
- Represent department/product category point of view in key meetings
- Work with peers to ensure consistency of information
- Develop strong working relationships with members of cross-functional team (merchandising, production, planning, company planning, store planning, store operations)
- Prioritize and manage expectations of cross-functional team around key deliverables
- Develop and maintain cross-divisional peer relationships to share best practices and align processes
- Create a collaborative, innovative, results-oriented work environment
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Omni-channel experience a plus
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs