About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Corporate Controller’s Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for the several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including SEC reporting. Through critical thinking, research and analysis, and partnership with the business, we support key financial decisions and the issuance of the financial statements for our company.
What you'll do
- Prepare and perform analysis of monthly financial results at a total company and divisional level
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports that are delivered to key finance and accounting Business Partners and CFO
- Calculate key metrics for monthly and quarterly external reports and provide information to External Reporting/Investor Relations for preparation of SEC filing and earning releases
- Work with Brand and Function Finance teams to understand business results and trends to achieve a timely close with accurate results
- Prepare schedules for external auditors and act as the internal reporting contact for questions that arise during the quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses to support the evaluation of business decisions and participate in a variety of special projects
Who you are
- 3-5 years of relevant finance and accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
- CPA or certification in progress is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within tight deadlines
- Proven ability to perform analysis and present results in a clear and concise manner
- Drive for identifying process improvement opportunities
- Ability to build partnerships with finance teams throughout the company and with business partners at various levels
- Excellent organization and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of Oracle GL and Hyperion Smartview a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs