About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
What you'll do
- Participatesin research and conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists inensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as businessstrategy.
- Responsiblefor design of product - includes preparing and updating sketches in detail,assorting pattern and
- colors inthe line.
- Creates/updatesBOM’s in accordance with the sample production timeline to ensure that samplesare produced
- anddelivered each season.
- Increasedinvolvement in sample fits and line edits.
- Collaborateswith CAD team for layout and colorways on stripes, plaids and prints.Communicatesecommends
- revisionswhen needed.
- Reviewsproduction submits in partnership with cross-functional team – ensuresaesthetic and execution hold
- up toaligned standard.
- Presentsto team at milestone meetings.
- Manageshis/her records each season– creating/updating linesheets, etc.
Who you are
- Collegedegree in Fashion Design or related field.
- 2-4 yearsdesign experience.
- Excellent computerknowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology.Competency
- in Adobeprograms a must – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Experiencein Footwear & Accessories ideal, but not essential.
- Solidunderstanding of design process.
- Solid flatsketching skills.
- Must beable to work with broader team.
- Excellentdesign and color sense.
- Ability tothink three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Someunderstanding of product construction (e.g., lasts, outsoles, fabrics,hardware, safety requirements,
- Excitementto drive innovation through accessories (e.g. Comfort, technical attributes tosilhouettes, sustainability etc).
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs