Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
What you'll do
- Assist in the creation, management and execution of end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Department or Division sales plans.
- Collaborate with a centralized Merchandising team (GM) to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs.
- Assist in web management – managing product features, category sorts and seasonal flow strategies that drive customer engagement on site.
PRE-SEASON FINANCIAL PLANNING Contribute to the financial success of one or more Departments or Division by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals.Contribute to the development of pre-season Class and Department financial targets that align with the Division’s seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.Assist in the development of seasonal Department or Divisional product strategies that align with financial goals of the season.Create and execute sizing strategies that support Department or Divisional objectives.Contribute to the reconciliation of top-down & bottoms-up Divisional sales and inventory plans.
IN-SEASON MANAGEMENTMeasure weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and inventory performance by Department or Division. Identify and communicate business opportunities and risks through this assessment. Measure site performance metrics. Provide recommendations to drive increased customer engagement and sales results on site.
Strategize, recommend, execute, and recap in-season pricing strategies – including seasonal markdowns and promotions.Manage the assessment of sales and inventory plans from investment through in-season management, including ongoing assortment updates and inventory changes in PETE and ACT.Develop and manage Basics sales and inventory forecasts to maximize sales opportunity while driving optimal inventory service levels and profitability.Assist in the forecast of in-season sales and inventory trends through the monthly OTB process. Develop product, site and financial strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.Hindsight seasonal product and financial results through hindsighting process by Department or Division.
BUSINESS PROCESSProficiency in enterprise applications (Venus, NOVA, etc.) as well as GOL specific tools (cube platform).
PRODUCTAssist in the development of seasonal product strategies and department/divisional Long Range Plans. Perform daily activities that support the merchandising strategies and merchandise pipeline. Maintain ACT and Pete accuracy. Complete timely workflow on all deliverables defined by the Global product pipeline and seasonal check listsAssist with assortment communication to all cross functional partners. Communicate changes and updates to production through Style tracker/Change log.Deliver on online exclusive business strategies including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
SITEExecute shop strategies and promotional plans ensuring a compelling product assortment that will meet overall business objectivesAssist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.Responsible for timely workflow of web management deliverables and timelines: includes overseeing and validating the work completed by merchandise coordinator. Attend weekly site meetings - promo outlook, site review, creative review to ensure clarity on all execution. Review Omniture reporting to understand customer’s preferences. Apply learnings to future concepts, linking and sorting.
PEOPLE Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross functional business partners, Provide manager with timely feedback on personal developmental and training goals
Who you are
- Customer and product centric.
- Financial Acumen: The ability to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
- Business Acumen: The ability to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
- Systems & Tools Acumen: The ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Ability to formulate short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
- Ability to effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Basic knowledge of international production processes.
- Strong presentation skills.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs