Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Director of Digital Operations is responsible for the successful launch of promotional messaging on Gap brand web sites in the US, Canada, EU, UK, Japan, and for both merchandising and promotional messaging in emails globally. The Director is responsible for creating a positive team environment and leading multiple teams of Producers to drive cross-functional projects, create cohesive partnerships, and optimize processes. The Director has a strong understanding of ecommerce business strategies and partners closely with all Gap Online functions as well as the Stores team, Card team, sister brands, central marketing resources, and technology teams to drive omnichannel business growth.
What you'll do
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Gap Online global promotions and email workstreams; ensures projects launch successfully.
- Partners effectively with cross-functional leads to deliver against the business forecast.
- Acts as strategic liaison for Gap Online to the Brand, Stores, and Card teams.
- Acts as subject matter expert on promo and email tool capabilities; advises cross-functional teams on process and technical execution.
- Scopes, plans, and leads special projects in the promotion and email space.
- Evaluates the needs of all cross-functional teams and how to best support organizational priorities and growth.
- Serves as escalation point-of-contact during business hours and after-hours for any issues with Gap promotions or emails.
- Able to strategically segment large projects into smaller, actionable deliverables; effectively prioritizes a high volume of work across the business.
- Assesses and mitigates project risk and operational risk to the business.
- Works with broader Digital Operations and cross-functional teams to develop, optimize, document, and socialize pre-season and in-season business processes.
- Identifies and evangelizes best practices.
- Continually seeks opportunities to drive process change; supports organization through change.
- Identifies opportunities to innovate and evolve; proactively drives new ways of working.
Management & Leadership
- Acts as a solutions-oriented leader and advocate for the business and the Digital Operations team.
- Creates a positive team environment where team members are engaged, empowered, and inspired.
- Guides and coaches team members to learn, grow, and become their best professional selves.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships within Gap Online, across brands, and within the Gap Inc. organization.
- Demonstrates accountability.
- Supports and encourages productive behaviors.
Who you are
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Superior relationship-building and negotiation skills with cross-functional teams; ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships.
Strong understanding of web production within an ecommerce environment.
Strong fundamental project management skills and understanding of project management concepts and tools.
Highly process-oriented with superior skills in defining operational processes and prioritizing work.
Willingness to participate in detailed work and drive execution.
Proactive self-starter capable of operating with little supervision.
Strong leadership, strategic thinking, and organizational planning skills.
Demonstrated experience leading and developing teams.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and navigate ambiguity.
Familiar with financial concepts and ecommerce metrics.
8-10 years of digital operations/web production experience, preferably in ecommerce.
5-6 years of management experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs