Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Being a part of Gap’s Talent Team means you're doing more than just filling jobs. Talent Scouts are consummate networkers and leverage their connections to people and the industry to engage talent at all levels. Global Talent Scouts identify, develop, and execute effective sourcing strategies to build teams and organizations - more than just filling jobs! A champion of both the business and talent, our Talent Scouts are responsible for finding the best talent through the relationships they build and the creative and innovative sourcing techniques they employ.
What you'll do
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to develop and execute sourcing strategies to build a pipeline of qualified candidates for open and anticipated open roles
- Build talent pipeline that supports the business needs by entering new/global markets
- Develop and maintain relationships internally and externally to gain access to the necessary information to stay abreast and ahead of developments in our business, the industry and the market
- Ability to engage management and candidates and represent our brand appropriately
- Participate in recruiting strategy meetings with Talent Acquisition partner
- Responsible for sourcing candidates through cold-calling, networking, internet, employee referrals, internal sourcing, industry directories, conference resources and other creative sourcing venues. Presents qualified candidates to Talent Acquisition Manager
- Function as a resource to Talent Acquisition Manager by implementing search strategies designed to increase the candidate pipeline
- Proactively research and investigate new ideas/channels to assist in creating innovative sourcing strategies.
- Maintains a strong network of contacts in assigned functional areas
- Keenly aware of industry information and competitive landscape to help team stay ahead of industry trends
- Coordinates interviews for Talent Acquisition Manager; assists with candidate turn down
- Drives speed to hire through commitment to an interview process that provides a consistent, exceptional candidate experience
- Keeps Talent Acquisition Manager informed on search strategy and candidate pipeline on all committed searches through regular updates
- Committed to supporting and driving the brand initiatives and achieving team goals
- Collaborates across teams to support process improvements and sharing of best practices
- Ability to manage high volume and complexity of searches/functions and markets
Who you are
- Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years in a sourcingecruiting role with a demonstrated track record of success and solid research experience
- Tech-savvy; social network fanatic
- Possesses a natural curiosity and an inquisitive nature
- Experience sourcing talent for creative teams/ areas; an appreciation for art, digital media, pop culture, entertainment and fashion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in selection/assessment skills
- Proven organization skills - can prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment that is always evolving and with competing demands
- Strong customer service skills
- Can effectively articulate a point of view and is able to positively influence outcomes
- Curious about the how and why; always looking to improve process and user experience
- Handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Maintain high degree of professionalism and focus in an ambiguous market through demonstrated, proven leadership
- Establish strong business partner relationships and achieve desired results
- Demonstrates business acumen and has the ability to tell the Gap Brand story in a compelling manner
- Can effectively balance individual responsibility while considering the businesses needs and goal
- Is action oriented and focused on the best solution
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment in a fast paced energetic culture
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with MS office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as ATS and CRM systems
- Ability to travel as needed
- College degree preferred
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs