About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Customer Data and Analytics organization is a critical component of the Customer and Strategy Team at Gap Inc. This team is chartered with unlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drive customer obsession across Gap Inc. The organization is also responsible for building the Customer Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech (IT team).
Reporting to the Director of Decision & Marketing Analytics, the Manager, Decision Analytics is focused on continually bringing the customer to the forefront of marketing and business decisions.
What you'll do
- Continually evolve and improve our marketing analytics capabilities and tools, including report capabilities and dashboards to provide insight into performance and customer trends.
- Partner with marketing to design, execute and analyze tests for performance and direct marketing efforts
- Perform analysis on customer data to support strategic initiatives and clearly communicate and present insights to marketing teams and leadership.
- Express the voice of the customer during internal decision- making processes by using data storytelling as a method to communicate, and advanced analytical techniques such as clustering/modeling to discover and unlock hidden insights
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in customer or marketing analytics, including direct marketing analysis in a multi-channel retail environment
- Analytical experience including regression modeling (Linear, Logistic) and strong foundational statistical knowledge.
- Experience manipulating large scale datasets using SQL
- Experience with R, Python, and SAS for data manipulation, modeling, and summarization
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI
- Strong business acumen and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative, technical, or social science field preferred. Degree in other fields with demonstrated ability and experience also accepted
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs