About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Business Analyst, you will beresponsible for the creation, maintenance and implementation of tools anddashboards that will support the Gap Inc Strategic Sourcing team’s analyticalinputs to competitive sourcing bid exercises. In addition, you will be responsible for conductingmarket research, analyzing spend, volume and savings data, and makingrecommendations to assist with and identify opportunities to drive value acrossthe Gap Inc enterprise. You willcollaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders across varyinglevels, from peers to executives. Your new position will include projectsat any point during their lifecycle from developing strategy, crafting a planto implement, and execution.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Manage and executesourcing activities across categories through technical/functional knowledge, insupport of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Understands keystrategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, market intelligence, businesspartner management, contract management, negotiations, Supplier RelationshipManagement,, etc.).
- Build and strengthen businesspartner relationships:successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders,external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to achieve results
- External Focus: Develop StrategicSourcing knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peersand stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve definedperformance targets;Contributes significantly to the achievement ofdefined category performance targets and assists in driving the performance ofassociated vendors, measure vendors performance to ensure performance meetsexpectations, including lead time, contract commitment, etc. Conduct modelingand analysis along qualitative and quantitative measures.
- Leverage influencingskills toalign objectives and targets with stakeholders
Who you are
- Business Acumen: Analyst knowledge/interest across supply chain/finance disciplines. Strongcritical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creativeproblem solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data todrive insights and decisions.
- Sourcing Capability: Manage, plan, and execute sourcing activities todrive short and long-term results. Has ability to leverage market knowledge andcollaborate/ influence stakeholders.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated abilityto work effectively in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels ofperformance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of professional experience in managementconsulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain. Demonstrated experience withanalytical, system and problem solving skills. Technologically savvy: advanced Excel, coding (VBA), macro development,etc experience is necessary.
- Education: Bachelor's degree inbusiness administration, supply chain management or related discipline
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs