About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position is on-site in San Francisco and requires a resume and portfolio upon application.
Gap Inc. is looking for a UX Designer for our omnichannel ecommerce team which enhances, evolves and evangelizes our transactional experiences for 5 of our brands: Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Hill City. The ecommerce experiences are the backbone of our brands digital presence and this role will be at the forefront of ensuring that not only are we meeting our customers where they are, solving their needs in an elegant, effortless fashion, but that the brand is seamlessly integrated and elevated throughout.
What you'll do
- Collaborate closely with Interaction Designers, Front End Developers, and Product Managers to learn about customer problems, explore how to solve them, then test, develop and ship beautiful, brand-rich transactional experiences. (think from navigation to a listing of products down to the product detail page, no marketing).
- Operate on your toes in a fast-paced test-and-learn environment where good ideas come from anywhere and are cheap.
- Explore motion and micro-interactions that accentuate each brand, bring them to life throughout our online experience and see them through to launch, and inclusion in our Design System.
- Develop pixel-perfect mockups and prototypes using Sketch, Principal, Framer, Axure or other tools of your choosing to solve customer problems alongside a cross-functional product team.
- Ensure that a consistent visual language is applied throughout a project and work throughout implementation with developers.
- Collaborate with other ecommerce visual designers to ensure consistency and pull inspiration from one-another.
- Leverage and contribute patterns to our “Stitch” Design System.
- Focus on product-level problems and ship high quality work efficiently and consistently.
- Articulate decisions to UX Design Leadership, Product Management, Engineering, Brand Design and other stakeholders.
- Develop designs which meet WCAG2.0 AA accessibility standards – and test them with experts.
- Have a point of view and you’re curious. You push the envelope, think big, never give up, never settle despite obstacles... and you’re not shy to share your perspective regardless of the positions of those around you.
- Start every project with a ton of possible solutions, then narrow to a few strong ones.
- Proactively communicate with other UX Designers to bounce ideas off them and generate juicy new solves to customer needs.
- Enjoy partnering with roles across different disciplines, such as Product and Engineering.
- Have a good understanding of how your designs will be implemented and can collaborate with Developers to evolve and implement them.
- Like to think in systems; you can see how all the parts fit together, and how a small change can propagate throughout the entire ecosystem of applications. You know how to both leverage and contribute to Design Systems
Who you are
- Are an experienced UX Visual Designer with proven experience specifically with UX/UI projects
- Are ready to evangelize and be a champion for our brand digital experiences
- After dropping a design on the artboard, you immediately consider how it connects to a design library - or will complement one.
- Have a really high bar for design quality and coherence
- Deeply care for the craft and have an impeccable attention for details
- Are a great communicator AND equally great listener – you ask the thoughtful questions, communicate complex concepts to varied teams, intake partner needs and readily share status updates
- Are versed in Accessibility standards and a passionate user advocate
- Can get into the weeds of implementation if necessary
- Are excited to learn new methods and topics and can distill their core concepts
- Minimum of 3 years of professional UX Design experience shipping UX products, delivering both static and motion prototypes.
- Expert in Visual Design, Strong in Prototyping and Information Architecture
- Expert in Sketch, InVision, Principal, Framer, Axure or other prototyping software
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs