Senior Analyst - Product Strategy
Full-time | 550 Terry Francois Blvd., San Francisco, CA, US 94158
We’ll send you to our application portal to get started
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Analyst, Product Strategy drives insights and builds knowledge of key market, competitors, and customer dynamics for the Old Navy’s Men’s business. The role requires a self-motivated individual who is highly accountable, and can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment, with the ability to work on multiple tasks in parallel. The Sr. Analyst, must use strong analytical skills to build trust, collaborate, and influence key stakeholders across levels and functions in the company.
What you'll do
- Learning Agility
- Strategic Orientation
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Perform analyses to understand the Old Navy Men’s business competitors and trends in the industry
Support development of Old Navy’s product long range plan, including identification and prioritization of product opportunities and owning and driving all supporting content/documentation
- Partner with and analyze consumer insights data to identify actionable opportunities for Old Navy
Support cross-divisional products strategies and operational initiatives, reporting to the Senior Manager of Product Strategy. Examples of activities:
- Execute key analyses, e.g., market and competitor assessments, financial performance analysis
- Work across levels and functions, including both internal and external service providers and business partners to gather data, gain insight, and drive detailed recommendations
- Establish strong relationships with key product leaders to ensure alignment in strategic vision and supporting opportunities
Work closely with Senior Manager, Senior Director, and other product leaders in developing supporting analyses for various projects
- Identify key issues and scope and plan the underlying analyses that will yield critical answers
- Execute data gathering and conduct research and analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Deliver timely, zero-defect execution of analysis, with minimal support
- Prepare impactful and concise executive-level presentations and assist in presenting findings and gaining alignment across the organization
Who you are
- BA/BS degree required
- 3-5+ years of work experience, preferably with experience in the retail industry, management consulting and/or investment banking
- Analytical Rigor- Ability to run complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is critical to this role (knowledge of VBA preferred)
- Structured and logical thinking- Ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis.
- Powerful Communication– Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both written and verbally. Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint is critical to this role.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills– A consensus building team contributor. Ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions to build trust and respect. Strong professional/executive presence.
- Creative Thinking- A combination of out of the box thinking and the ability to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs. Able to generate innovative insights from analysis to drive actionable results. Continuous curiosity and interest in product.
- Highly organized, and strong planning and time management skills. Strong attention to detail
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs