About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Email Content Developer is responsible for the hands-on coding, building and testing of customer-facing email marketing communications within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform. This position is expected to utilize both HTML expertise and email marketing best practices where applicable within the daily responsibilities. Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the Senior Email Developer, serve as the point-of-contact for our Gap Inc. brand partners on email campaign build-outs
• Work closely with Salesforce Campaign Managers to ensure on-time deliverables, including the communication of status, complications, developments and next steps
• Deliver production for all assigned email marketing campaigns, which includes slicing PSD files, converting to HTML, QA’ing against customer profiles, and addressing change rounds and revisions
• Work closely in the SFMC platform to utilize all available tools, resources and information to ensure accuracy across all email builds, including cross platform, browser, device compatibility
• Receive assets from in-house brand Creative teams, but work independently on production aspects
• Utilize knowledge and research of current email best practices to make suggestions in regard to design, layout, messaging and deliverability
• Setup A/B testing content for emails
Who you are
- Fluent in HTML/XHTML versions through 4.0 (including forms, frames, complex tables, meta tags)
- Proficient in Web production tools
- Proficient with cross-platform and browser compatibility issues
- Proficient with Flash animation and knowledge of ActionScript.
- Technically proficient in Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
- Proficient with cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to include CSS positioning and table-less layouts
- Familiar with SEO compliancy
- Experience with various Version Control Software (CVS, Subversion, VSS)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to turn around projects quickly and efficiently
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- 2 years of college or equivalent experience
- 2 years (minimum) web site production and programming experience
- E-commerce site development preferred
- User Interface design background preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs