About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Business Process Owner, Transportation and Compliance provides analytical, research and strategic support services for initiatives and projects in the stores organization. This role develops, supports and validates operational processes and practices that impact the field organization, such as ensuring shipment times are scheduled appropriately based on business needs. This role also supports stores and upper field leadership by escalating store level transportation concerns and by supporting risk & legal assessments. The position will use analytical skills to draw conclusions about specific business problems, present information for project/functional teams to consider and assess the effectiveness of proposed solutions; recommending ways forward to develop great products that deliver on the intended results and add value to the organization. This work will directly assist Old Navy to deliver its annual budgeted financial results.
What you'll do
- As the Business Process Owner – Transportation and Compliance, you are part of the Store Operations team.
- You collaborate with business partners in stores and Field Leadership, Marketing, Pricing, Finance, Customer Data & Analytics, Learning and Development, Communications, and Human Resources to identify opportunities to improve current processes and streamline workload.
- You ensure information is provided to business partners in a thorough and timely manner, identify and address potential problems that negatively impact Old Navy stores, and advocates for our stores with all HQ business partners.
- You support multiple simultaneous aspects of a project and work streams with quantitative and / or qualitative analysis.
- You identify and use multiple ways to achieve goals in case of obstacles; identify opportunities in process to contribute to commercial success of our stores.
- You lead and inspire the Store Operations team to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Plan, manage, and tracks results of multiple projects with responsibility for coordinating efforts between various functional departments and stores
- Write communications for delivery changes, store compliance audit, and risk management
- Ensure shipment times are scheduled appropriately based on business needs
- Assess store workload impact of decisions and communicate impact to other functional business partners when necessary
- Assignments in this area of responsibility will balance objective and subjective information and require creative presentation skills
- Learn, adapt and gain new expert skills as business strategy dictates
- Make recommendations for assigned projects based on evidence and analysis.
Who you are
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to support multiple projects, meet deadlines and follow project management principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with standard MS Office applications and enterprise database tools
- Ability to organize work into tasks and timelines, and project manage them through appropriate resources
- Four year college degree preferred
- Knowledge of retail store operations a plus
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including night and weekends
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs