Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Gap’s Company Planning Senior Analyst will be responsible for supporting the brand’s planning and forecasting processes for the Japan Retail channel. This person will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization in Inventory Management, Marketing, and Finance to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability. This role will provide high exposure across the Gap Brand and will play a critical role in ensuring successful growth
What you'll do
- Recap and analyze business results versus budget, forecast and history on a daily/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Own sales and margin forecasting, including levers (traffic, conversion & UPT for Gap Japan
- Develop tops-down daily, weekly, and monthly sales projections to support the monthly corporate forecast and to inform cross-functional business partners. Clearly articulate the strategies behind the forecast as well as identify risk and opportunities.
- Develop sales and inventory budgets for future seasons. Partner with Inventory Planning, Marketing, and Finance teams to assess and communicate the impact of strategic initiatives during pre-season milestones. Participate in the annual budget process.
- Develop ad hoc financial models and analysis that clearly quantify the cost / benefit of key and new business initiatives. Initiate analyses to solve problems, create alternatives, and provide recommendations to leadership based on quantitative and objective analysis.
- Cultivate a positive, collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment. Commitment to our brand values and our mission.
Who you are
- Strategic and analytical thought partner with strong financial acumen and high proficiency in financial/analytical modeling.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, follow-through and accountability for results.
- Makes sense of a vast range of information from multiple sources to conceptualize, drive creativity, problem solve, and follow through on action.
- A curiosity that challenges the status quo, actively seeks new experiences, knowledge, and challenges. Takes risks, learns quickly, and applies to strategies go forward.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects and ad hoc requests with tight timelines.
- Team player with a positive attitude and proven ability to develop effective and influential business relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability to learn company systems/tools and create process efficiencies.
- Retail experience strongly preferred.
- BA/BS with emphasis on finance, business and/or economics preferred.
- 5-7 years of financial planning, forecasting and analysis experience required. Experience in Company Planning or Inventory Planning preferred.
- Very strong command of Microsoft Excel. Essbase & Nova a plus.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs