About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Market Planning Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Global Old Navy vision is brought to life through robust product and inventory strategies that are appropriate for the Mexico Market. The Market Planning Manager leads a team of Market Planners and Analysts through the successful development, execution and communications of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals.
What you'll do
- Hire, onboard, train and develop direct reports to ensure engagement, retention and growth for future roles.
- Manage team of market planners and provide leadership through creating a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment.
- Pioneer processes and streamline expectations. Balance workload priorities across divisions and teams to ensure successful execution of pre-season and in-season strategies.
- Develop highly effective cross-functional partnerships.
- Analyze sales results for the Mexico Market; seasonally, hindsight and develop strategies based on the sales results, and drive strategies through cross functional partners and field leadership team in alignment with channel financial plans and goals.
- Become an expert on local market data and competitor activities; analyze historical sales performance as well as utilize detailed product filters to meet customer needs and maximize sales and margin.
- Partner with market planners and functional leads to develop and support necessary assortment customization and in store experience.
- Drive ongoing commercial planning activities and performance analytics.
Preseason Inventory Planning:
- Develop and communicate comprehensive financial & product strategies.
- Manage the development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly financial plans, as appropriate.
- Review and ensure category level pricing recommendations and strategies that align with divisional financial plans.
- Identify and drive seasonal exclusive business needs (Mexico unique product + placement, product edits/leveling, commercial plan/category distortion)
- Lead divisional business recaps, performance and strategize forward looking action plans.
- Forecast in-season sales, margin expectations and inventory ownership. Develop strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Manage teams with in-season pricing strategies (promo & markdown) to meet financial objectives.
- Lead monthly open-to-buy activities for respective divisions.
- Visit markets to understand competitive landscape; document pricing and product opportunities.
- Analyze and prepare competitive market trend information and customer feedback.
Who you are
- Analytical Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; aware of the impact and implications of decisions on other components of the organization
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and high aptitude to learn technical applications quickly. Help to create and/or influence new tools, systems and processes
- Relationship Management: Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with abroad and diverse group of business partners, across markets, channels and geographies
- Dealing with Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change; isn't upset when things are up in the air; maintains composure in times of stress
- Learning on the Fly: enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar and new tasks; learns quickly when facing new problems; is open to change
- Creativity: Comes up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming meetings
- Adapts well to diverse audiences and environments.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong presentation, listening, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of target customers and product trends
- Required to travel domestically and international
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years work experience, preferred in Buying or Inventory Management
- 2 years of supervisory experience, preferred
- 2+ years of retail buying experience, recommended
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs