About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Our mission is to conduct a series of lean, technology enabled experiments to improve the customer’s in-store experience. And we want your help. We're a tight-knit group of designers, product managers, data scientists, engineers, and researchers fueled by curiosity, human understanding, and new technologies.
Want to join us? We have a great opportunity for a Sr. Product Manager to join our team. This person will manage one of our key focus areas and be responsible for the vision, strategy, roadmap, and experiment planning across our brands including Hill City, Athleta, Old Navy, Banana Republic and Gap. Mobile and messaging experience desired, but most important is a passion for the space and a curiosity to learn.
The right person will thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment and be adept at wearing many hats at any given moment. We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and collaborative problem solver who is ready to roll up their sleeves and join a team that's bringing human-centered design to drive change at Gap Inc.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management, Store Experience Innovation.RESPONSIBILITIES
What you'll do
- Lead vision and strategy for conversational commerce and / or other new initiatives at Gap Inc.
- Use design thinking to translate customer insights into core product needs. Champion the needs of the customer to business stakeholders throughout the execution of each project, ensuring that what is delivered meets goals and objectives.
- Identify opportunities, evaluate KPI levers and prioritize initiatives to develop a roadmap that delivers on the vision and strategy. Socialize roadmap and with brand partners and senior leadership.
- Work within a cross functional team of UX designers, consumer insights researchers, data scientists and engineers to brainstorm new opportunities and bring them to life.
- Conduct a series of lean experiments with customers and store employees to drive adoption. Revise product roadmap according to new insights from observed needs, desires, and behaviors.
- Work with our brand and store operations partners to prioritize opportunities, create PoCs in our lab stores, and measure results.
- Partner with our in-house technology team and/or outside vendors to execute on product roadmap.
- Draft and negotiate contracts with technology vendors.
Who you are
- Strong product management experience in mobile products. Bonus points if experience is in the conversational commerce space.
- Experience working with cross functional teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements.
- Ability to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to business users.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability influence others in and across teams.
- Data-driven with the analytical abilities to identify opportunities and drive core KPI analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technology concepts and implications.
- Experience in managing vendor and internal relationships, to effectively communicate realistic expectations.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree. MS/MBA preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs