Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Product & Technology for Gap Online oversees the development & optimization of all aspects of the Gap global pipeline and the Gap global digital footprint. This includes oversight and evaluation of processes & procedures for delivering product to market while ensuring flawless execution across our digital properties. This role is an advocate for platform effectiveness and partners with technical teams to evaluate, strategize and implement site & tool enhancements. The Senior Manager builds strong relationships with cross-functional, cross-brand, and senior leaders to facilitate and manage changes to business processes. Advises direct report(s) on evaluation of site and tool issues, partners with technical teams for resolution, and escalates to leadership team as needed. Consults with Digital Operations – Messaging counterparts as a subject matter expert in our tools to support best practices that produce on-time and accurate executions, and/or creative solutions, for the successful delivery of marketing campaign launches.
What you'll do
- Drive operational excellence across product-to-market milestones in partnership with Brand, Marketing Operations, and Merchandising teams for timely & flawless execution.
- Continually assess cross-functional business processes for effectiveness and improvement. Work with leadership to drive change across teams.
- Work with Product Management and GapTech to define business requirements, as well as develop and execute effective communication and training for new feature rollouts. Serve as Brand Project Manager to deploy advanced website and tool enhancements and/or critical bug fixes.
- Develop communication, training, and processes related to future functional enhancements and releases to the site.
- Brand POC for implementation of Omni-channel enhancements.
- Support leadership requests and implementation of special projects. Facilitate the development and execution of special projects, roadmaps, new systems, and training.
- Partner with members of all functional teams – Buying, Photo Studio, Marketing, Web Content Development, Product Management, and GapTech, to drive operational excellence throughout the organization.
- Drive results through direct reports as support to cross-functional teams when high severity website and tool issues occur. When needed, work with GapTech and other partners to facilitate resolution and communicate updates to brand teams.
- Serve as additional after-hours support as needed to troubleshoot site/tool issues to mitigate business impact. Escalate to Director and Leadership team as needed.
- Provide coaching and guidance to direct reports in support of development opportunities and career goals.
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability to influence and facilitate project work among cross-functional and cross-branded teams.
- Technical acumen to act as a liaison between business and technical resources for troubleshooting and driving for root cause resolution.
- Highly process-oriented with superior skills in defining operational processes for a project, team and broader organization.
- Strong knowledge of web production and e-commerce release processes, including direct experience with website tools and technologies.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in people management.
- Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5-8 years of detailed task planning and execution experience
- 5+ years of digital experience
- 2-3 years of supervisor/management experience
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs