About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the employees, through prevention awareness, communication, and deterrence. Responsible for making safe apprehensions through following the apprehension guidelines. Responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses.
Contribute to Shortage Reduction - 50%
What you'll do
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Audit compliance to physical security standards (EAS, leather locks, doors, etc.)
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of the Loss Prevention Manager, Loss Prevention Supervisor, District Loss Prevention Manager, and/or the Regional Loss Prevention Manager.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies.
- Audit compliance to company operational procedures.
Training - 40%
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings.
- Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Hotline, Loss Prevention awareness center, etc.)
- Participate in the on-boarding process of new hires.
Operations and Safety - 10%
- Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Work with management on ensuring operational compliance.
- Serve with management to ensure a safe work environment.
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.)
Who you are
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems.
Minimum educational level:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1-2 years or retail experience preferred.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 200 lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs