About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Supply Chain Analytics team is chartered with driving revenue and profit growth opportunities for Gap’s online business through the development and implementation of predictive models and profit maximizing analytical processes.
Some key strategic projects in the Supply Chain Analytics space are: Omni-channel network optimization, peak season inventory positioning models, new fulfillment strategies, transportation based network simulations
This position of will interact with a variety of functions across the business unit including IT, Operations, Finance, Business Intelligence and Project Management.
What you'll do
- Understand the sources of key data structures and the multi-dimensional relationship amongst these data structures within Gap data warehouse infrastructure
- Develop Simulation and Optimization models that incorporate business defined rules and constraints to support scenario modeling.
- Work cross-functionally to understand, document and define processes and identify gaps that will result in Supply Chain process improvements from vendor through final delivery
- Engage broadly within the organization to frame, structure and prioritize supply chain focused projects where analytics development or tools can have the largest impact on Gap’s end-to-end supply chain
- Present recommendations based on the results of executing various scenario models
- Collaborate with IT on the applicable requirements/user stories, user acceptance testing, and business implementation / change management of new tools and features
- Be accountable for the documentation of supply chain process design opportunities
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Preferred knowledge of R, Python, and/or other programming languages
- Heavy experience in use of Excel, SQL and other database querying tools
- Proven experience in supply chain analytics and problem solving
- Exceptional quantitative skills with expertise in data manipulation
- Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with considerable ambiguity
- Ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly
- Knowledge of software development and ability to develop toolsets in self-directed environment
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with broad cross section of business partners
- Strong listening, oral and written skills
2) Minimum educational level:
- B.S. or M.S.in supply chain, operations research, industrial engineering, statistics, or related field
3) Minimum experience:
- 5+ years of total work experience, with at least 4 years in analytically based network design and/or supply chain analytics
- Experience working for retailers, consulting to retailers is highly desirable
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs