About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Our team is seeking a passionate Product Manager to join our innovative team and take on strategic challenges facing our brands. With a targeted focus in Talent Management, this Product Manager will create solutions and solve business problems as they relate to the employee experience with an emphasis on retention/optimization. You will be responsible for providing tools and processes that streamline recruiting & candidate selection, optimize retail labor, and empower our employees to take control over their work and career putting the employee first. This role will also be cross trained in workforce management (WFM).
What you'll do
- Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape and identify areas of competitive differentiation for internal consumption and competitive programs
- Evaluate new business opportunities and design solutions based on analysis and strategic alignment
- Understand needs of internal stakeholders and customers, and engage at a detailed technical level to drive product requirements
- Define user stories and features, drive prioritization, process improvements, and agile product development with an eye on key KPIs
- Create and maintain the team’s roadmap and milestones. Work cross-functionally to unify plans and align priorities, schedules, and resourcing
- Lead business teams through business readiness and implementation activities
- Complete analysis and prove benefits of new capabilities
Who you are
- BS/BA required
- 3+ years’ experience in product management-related roles and activities
- Strong understanding and experience in retail Talent Management space (Recruiting & Onboarding, WFM, Task Management, Analytics, etc.)
- Proven success with delivering projects that met the customer needs, achieved business objectives, were delivered on-time with no/few surprises
- Able to communicate technical concepts to business users.
- Proficiency in storytelling and able to influence multiple levels of the organization
- Curious thought leader, comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience with the Agile/iterative development process preferred
- Highly analytical and proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs