We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
Location: This role will be based out of 1 Harrison Street in San Francisco.
The Social Media Manager plays a key role on Athleta’s social media team as the leader responsible for seamlessly managing and executing successful social media content and campaigns across owned and external social channels. This role requires someone with:
What you'll do
- A creative mindset that’s always churning with actionable ideas that help enhance Athleta’s social media presence and achieve our brand and business growth goals.
- A constant finger on the digital pulse and an eye on the social landscape to discover what’s new, what competitors are doing, and what innovations are around the corner.
- Excellent project management skills, detailed-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including Email, Website and Merchandising teams to further social media objectives.
- Assist in mentoring and development of junior team members
Social Campaigns, Content & Influencer Programs
- Partner with the Senior Manager, Social Media to elevate social media and digital strategies, and lead execution of annual and seasonal social media programs and campaigns.
- Oversee day-to-day management of Athleta’s social channels, partnering with internal creative teams to build out monthly content calendars, defining cadence and overall strategy on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others as needed.
- Manage digital influencer campaigns and content contributors to assure a steady cadence of high-quality, brand-right content for our social channels.
- Help to manage Brand Ambassador social media presence and contributor program.
- Foresee gaps in content flow and proactively propose ideas for engaging the contributor network and internal resources.
- Help to oversee social media analysis and metrics with internal and external partners.
Social Calendar & Content Publishing
- Lead internal team, partners and contributors to manage the social content calendar with accurate and up-to-date information that aligns with the seasonal marketing calendar and messaging.
- Oversee scheduling and posting of all content in sync with the calendar and according to channel goals and best practices for high engagement; check to assure it goes out as planned, including weekends, while nimbly adjusting to unknowns and scheduling changes.
- Work with leadership, agency teams and internal partners to assure content requirements are clear; manage delivery of assets needed to execute content programs, assure they’re delivered on schedule, and oversee approvals in advance of publication.
- Work with Community Manager to ensure consistent, high-quality, brand-right engagement across all owned and external social channels.
- Successfully oversee the partnership with Customer Service to keep them in-the-know on social campaigns and arm them to address questions or issues that arise.
Who you are
Skills & Experience
- Degree (marketing or communications preferred) and 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- A passion for social media that manifests in a drive to remain active in multiple social networks and consume the latest, greatest technology, social network or app to help enhance your digital world
- A strong interest in fitness, wellness and fashion
- Examples of work demonstrating the ability to create fun, high-quality, engaging social media content and campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong editing skills with attention to detail
- Effective leadership and project management skills
- Creative thinker with an innate visual aesthetic
- A marketing mindset with the ability to articulate how an idea comes to life and reaches its intended audience
- Hands-on knowledge of digital media tools – Digital photography, basic Photoshop/photo editing skills, knowledge of apps commonly used for creating social content; basic video creation/editing skills are a bonus
- Experience using a variety of popular social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and project management tools; adept at learning new tools and technologies
- Thrives on working in a collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to proactively identify issues and areas of opportunity
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs