About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of the Product End-to-End (PETE) Team that creates, enhances and supports a client application that provides ability for Merchants and Planners to plan for products to be sold in stores across the globe. We aim to provide analytics-driven capabilities to our business partners to enable faster and better planning with multi-brand support. As core development team, we will be responsible for collaborating with business partners to design, build and support the business capabilities in the PETE Planning application.
What you'll do
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of design, build, maintaining an efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address issues
- Help improve and maintain code quality
- Collaborate with business representatives to understand requirements, groom stories and help prioritization
- Mentor and guide team members in developing new skills
- Deploy and support the application under DevOps model
Who you are
- 5+ years of development experience in Java and J2EE
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented analysis and design principles
- A DevOps mindset and passion in continuously improving organizational practices; experienced in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate up and down the organizational layer
- Strong analytical mind and a proven ability to work with limited direction
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in building application from scratch involving in all phases of software development
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs