About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
As a software engineer III on the Sourcing team, you will have the opportunity to work in an agile/scrum environment contributing to Sourcing products such as Booking and Purchase Order Management. You will be responsible for driving the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of the application as part of a DevOps product team.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with product owners to prioritize, design, estimate enhancements requests to resolve problems in the Sourcing product area
- Responsible for planning and driving delivery of capabilities in a DevOps model
- Collaborate with business partners and technical teams to design, build, test, deploy, and support high performance, scalable software
- Practice relentless automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to developers
- Overcome obstacles and recommend tradeoffs to achieve milestones on time and within budget
- Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting system issues impacting timely availability of data to business partners within established SLAs
Who you are
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with Java
- 3+ years in a lead role
- Development experience with Service Oriented Architecture, Object Oriented / Domain Driven analysis and design principles, and agile development methodology
- Experience delivering high availability, scalable java applications
- Experience with continuous integration and building data pipelines
- Experience with modern systems integration patterns and messaging (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Experience with relational and NoSql databases
- Experience and test driven development and unit testing frameworks (like JUnit and Monteback/Wiremock)
- Experience working with and leading onsite, remote and offshore development teams
- Computer Science degree or comparable engineering degree
- Recent experience in SaaS, PaaS and Cloud is preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs