About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As one of the world's largest specialty retailers, our past is full of iconic moments. But we're most passionate about the future, and the people who will help make our next decade just as groundbreaking as the last five. That's where you come in. Our team is seeking a Cashier/Catering Assistant to provide excellent customer service to all Headquarter employees and visitors, and support our catering and on-site events. Responsibilities include accurately recording and reporting cash flow daily, assisting with logistics for on-site events. Requires proactive and consistent communication with Business Partners, experience working with cross-functional teams, and ability to develop solutions to increase department efficiency and deliver excellent customer service.
What you'll do
- Provide excellent customer service by demonstrating energetic, and positive attitude with customer interactions
- Assisting customers with requests and questions
- Communicating customer’s needs to management
- Recognize and respond appropriately to customer’s requests
- Process customer transactions in an efficient and timely manner
- Assist in catering set ups, setting up carts, delivery of catering
- Requires working events that are before/after normal business hours
- Ordering of products
- Filling out catering request invoices
- Communicating and working closely with the chef/sous chef
- Communicating and working closely with facilities, operations, global events and janitorial
- Must be flexible in splitting time between cashiering and catering
- Accurately record and report daily register cash flow
- Reconcile monies against POS report
- Adhere to cash handling policy standards
- Process customer transactions accurately
- Maintain acceptable café appearance
- Ensure all areas are stocked with appropriate products
- Report any maintenance issues to Supervisor
- Other tasks or duties as assigned
Who you are
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Exceptional communication and written skill
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain comprehensive relationships
- Strong technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of cash handling
- Demonstrated success in management and problem solving
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel a plus
- Professional and mature attitude
- Strong sense of urgency
Minimum educational level
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalency
- 3-5 years experience as cashier/catering
- Corporate Food Service experience a plus
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to move throughout the café and kitchen
- Must be able to lift over 30 lbs.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs