About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Manager, Program Management (PMO) is anexcellent opportunity for a candidate who is interested in gettingimmersed in building world-class retail logistics capabilities. The candidatewill join a team of Strategy and Program Management colleagues who arepassionate about designing and enabling the organization to transform the wayGap Inc. brings product to market.
This is a greatopportunity for someone looking to apply their program management skills tocomplex, large scale programs spanning organizations with significantleadership visibility and room to grow.
We are looking for anexperienced “hands-on” project manager who has a proven track record of beingsolution and delivery focused, and who can perform at a high level leadingstrategic, cross-functional initiatives. Programs and projects focus onbuilding physical infrastructure with technology integrations and supply chainand logistics processes that teams can adopt.
The ideal candidate willhave experience in managing complex initiatives and have functional expertisein Retail Logistics, Distribution, Supply Chain and Inventory Managementand thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment that isteam-centric and highly collaborative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Lead the project delivery for a single large Global Logistics initiatives or multiple smaller scale initiatives
- Assists PMO leadership in building the overall PMO capability for Gap Inc. Global Logistics
- Provide leadership, direction and facilitate integration activities across multiple functions to ensure successful project implementation and support
- Assist PMO leadership in preparing for key leadership meetings and updates and provides status reports, presentations and demonstrations to all levels of management both within Logistics and business partner groups (including status reporting, budget tracking, key issues, etc.)
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of projects with regard to time, budget, scope and quality
- Proactively manage risk and issues; and mitigation efforts as appropriate
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across initiatives
- Encourage de-centralized decision-making within teams, but acts as escalation point when consensus decisions cannot be reached
- Act as a role model and mentor on project management methodology, standards, technical, strategy, quality and change leadership
- Act as a role model for PM professionalism, critical thinking and setting productivity pace as well as promoting a financial focus with emphasis on business value metrics
- Manage internal as well as external resources
- Apply proven project management techniques, methods and tools
Who you are
- BA/BS required
- 6+ years of work experience, including at least 3 years project management experience
- Supply Chain projects (not pure technology deployments)
- Minimum 3 years Supply Chain / Logistics experience
- Consulting background a plus
- PMI Certification a plus
- Passion for project management and track record of delivering business value through successful project management, implementation, support and PM transformation
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute plans, and to ensure success on all projects through proven track record of applying proven methods and tools to enterprise-wide project implementations
- Ability to build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others, including anticipating, mitigating and resolving conflicts across workgroups
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution, and customer relationship management
Location: San Franciscoor Kentucky
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs