About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The CategoryManager – Technology Hardware of Strategic Sourcing drives competitiveadvantage and value creation for categories they lead (IT Equipment andassociated maintenance, including Data Center, Point of Sale, TechnologyAccessories and other Technology Hardware). The Category Manager will ownplanning, implementation, and execution of category strategy for complex andhigh-impact categories. The Category Manager will be responsible for developingeffective business partner relationships with leaders internally and externallyat all levels.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Manage and execute categorystrategies throughstrong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-termand long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions(supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management,contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthenstrategic relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internalstakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results andinfluence change
- External Focus: Develop deep categoryknowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers andstakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined categoryperformance targets;hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement coursecorrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage stronginfluencing skills todefine Strategic Sourcing’s role and align objectives and targets withstakeholders, including senior leadership
- Provide guidance andmentorship on Strategic Sourcing technical knowledge to juniorteam members
- High level ofadaptability tomanage the changing needs of the business as they arise
Who you are
- Business Acumen: category expertise inthe following categories (ie. IT Hardware, IT Logistics, IT ProfessionalServices and related Maintenance).
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveragingbusiness acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drivestrategic impact in complex categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt todynamic business environment
- SourcingCapability: manage, plan, andexecute complex, global categories to drive short and long-term results throughcategory strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration andinfluencing at all levels of a global organization.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executivepresence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadershipteam.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated abilityto effectively navigate in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels ofperformance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Change Leadership: experienceleading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 5 + years professional experience inmanagement consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs