Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the employees through prevention, awareness, communication and deterrence. Responsible for making safe apprehensions through following the apprehension guidelines. Responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses.
Contribute to shortage reduction
What you'll do
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions
- Audit compliance to physical security standards
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of Loss Prevention leadership
- Recover assets and / or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies
- Audit compliance to company operational procedures
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings
- Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Hotline, LP awareness center, etc.)
- Participate in the on boarding process of new hires.
Operations & Safety
- Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner
- Work with management on ensuring operational compliance
- Serve with management to ensure safe work environment
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.)
- Communicate daily activities to the Loss Prevention Manager/ Loss Prevention Supervisor / District Loss Prevention Manager / Regional Loss Prevention Manager and or the General Manager / Management team.
- Interfaces with Field /Corporate business partners (i.e. Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Employee Relations)
Who you are
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems
Minimum educational level:
- High schools graduate or equivalent
- 1-2 years or retail experience preferred
- State certification required, where applicable
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs