About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The CategoryManager I of Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creationfor sourcing initiatives they manage for Marketing Services, Creative, andProduction Agencies. The Category Manager I will own planning, implementation,and execution of sourcing strategy for these specific categories. The CategoryManager I will be responsible for developing effective relationships withbusiness partners internally and externally at various levels.
What you'll do
- Manage and executesourcing strategies for specific categories through technical/functional knowledge,in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has understandingof key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, market intelligence,business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen businesspartner relationships:successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders,external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to achieve results
- External Focus: Develop categoryknowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers andstakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve definedcategory performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performanceagreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage influencingskills toalign objectives and targets with stakeholders
- Support and implement Strategic Sourcing policies and procedures
Who you are
- Business Acumen: category knowledge inthe Marketing Services category, ie Consumer Insights, Creative, Production,Media.
- Sourcing Capability: manage, plan, and execute sourcing strategy todrive short and long-term results by leveraging market knowledge and collaborationand influencing with stakeholders.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated abilityto work effectively in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels ofperformance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Experience: 4 + years professional experience inmanagement consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs