Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
What you'll do
- Accountable for the creation of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies hit Divisional sales plans.
- Responsible for a compelling seasonal framework by Division that aligns product strategies with financial goals.
- Drive partnership and collaboration with both Ecommerce Product and Global Merchandising to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs.
- Develop and communicate Divisional site merchandising strategies based on product and financial goals and marketing plans.
- Accountable for the skill development and career growth of direct reports/team.
PRE-SEASON FINANCIAL PLANNING
- Responsible for the development of seasonal financial targets by Division - to include sales, gross margin and inventory.
- Responsible for the development and communication of Divisional product strategies that align with financial goals of the season.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of Divisional top-down & bottoms-up sales and inventory plans.
IN-SEASON MANAGEMENTResponsible for the financial success of multiple Divisions by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals.Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to VP and cross-functional teams on a weekly basis.Lead team and cross-functional counterparts to develop and communicate tactical plans to achieve business timelines and deliverables.Responsible for the assessment of sales and inventory plans from investment through in-season management, including ongoing assortment updates and inventory changes in PETE and ACT. Oversee the development of Basics sales and inventory forecasts to maximize sales opportunity while driving optimal inventory service levels and profitability.Direct team on pricing recommendations and strategies that align with Divisional and market financial plans.Responsible for the Divisional forecasts of in-season sales and inventory trends through the monthly OTB process. Develop product, site and financial strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.Oversee seasonal hindsight learnings and strategically identify opportunities for pre-line.
BUSINESS PROCESS Accountable for balancing team workload across pre-season and in- season, product and financial milestones and deliverables.Proficiency with enterprise applications (Venus, NOVA, etc.) as well as GOL specific tools (cube platform). Oversee strategic projects, including process and operating improvements.
PRODUCTResponsible for the development of seasonal product strategies and Divisional Long Range Plans that support the Gap Online business.Responsible for the Gap Online exclusive business strategies by Division, including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site. Ensure the team is performing daily activities that support the merchandising strategies and merchandise pipeline.
- Lead team through web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Partner with the Ecommerce Product team to ensure the web site effectively communicates the product and merchandise strategies. Develop, communicate and drive seasonal shop strategies and promotional plans, ensuring a compelling product assortment that will meet overall business objectives.
- Responsible for weekly site deliverables - promo outlook, site review, creative review to ensure clarity on all execution.
- Ensure team is reviewing Omniture reporting to understand customer’s preferences. Apply learnings to future concepts, linking and sorting.
- Partner with Marketing and Creative to ensure a compelling site and customer experience that supports the overall business objectives and meets customer expectations.
- Responsible for team’s timely and accurate workflow.
PEOPLE Lead by example in creating a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment.Balance workload priorities across Departments and Divisions to ensure successful execution of strategies and goals.Communicate job standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner.Accountable for career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention, and future talent development.Recognize & reward performance.Develop bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning.Actively solicit ideas and listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business. Demonstrate a global perspective.
Who you are
- Customer and product centric.
- Financial Acumen: The ability to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
- Business Acumen: The ability to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
- Systems & Tools Acumen: The ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Ability to formulate long term strategies and short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
- Ability to effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends.
- Demonstrates global business analysis and strategic/innovative thinking skills.
- Proven track record in managing a business to achieve financial targets.
- Ability to analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rational for the decisions and take action.
- Demonstrate smart risk taking.
- Accurately assess employee strengths and development needs.
- Be open-minded to and receptive of other’s opinions.
- Adapt well to diverse audiences and environments.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to act as a change agent.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs