Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Limited ownership and responsibility to certain category depending.
Supports in the development of woven and print designs by brand, but not limited to CAD software.
What you'll do
- Inputs prints and yarn dyes into CAD system and prints out in multiple colorways and various sizes.
- Assists in creating and maintaining seasonal color palettes.
Maintains an organized project identification system.
Develops printer maintenance skills as needed
Assists in departmental maintenance (e.g., ordering supplies)
Assists in the preparation of artwork package for production ready standards; uploading files for cross-functional review
Adaptability to software and new technology upgrades
Daily communication to cross-functional partners by email: strong communication skills required
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Basic working knowledge of computer aided design systems (NedGraphics software with a plus or related software experience) a plus; Illustrator; Photoshop
Basic understanding of print and textile design.
Basic PC environment knowledge required.
Good organizational and communication skills.
Minimum educational level:
College level coursework in computer aided design or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years CAD or related computer experience.
- NedGraphics experience isstrongly preferred.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs