About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
A Portfolio and Resume are required upon application of this position.
This position is full-time, on-site in SanFrancisco.
Gap, inc is looking for Writer who hashands-on experience specifically with writing for User Experiences andmicrocopy. The Gap UX team is centralized to create, maintain and scale thetransactional experiences for 4 brands: Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic andAthleta. As a centralized team, we collaborate with the brand teams to craftexperiences which compliment all unique brand voices on one platform andtherefore UX owns a “Cross-Brand” voice and tone which we apply to ecommerce,in-store and omni-channel experiences.
As a Senior UX Writer, you’ll will be writingfor customer- and associate-facing features, documentation and customercommunications as well as maintaining existing user interface copy. You’llcollaborate with the UX Creative Director to leverage and enhance our copystyle guide as needed. You’ll primarily work alongside
UX Designers to create consistent, usable andaccessible experiences. In addition, you’ll team up with Product Managers andDevelopers to ensure a successful product for our business, our associates andour customers.
What you'll do
- You will be the UX Copy lead, owning the copystrategy and execution across all UX initiatives.
- Write copy for all UX projects; translatingcomplicated concepts into blissfully jargon-free copy that makes sense tohumans (not computers)
- Understand the goals of our customers andstore employees, varying use cases, business requirements, technicalconstraints, and be able to work effectively within these project parameters
- Employ empathy to everything you touch andevery interaction in your day to day
- Work with stakeholders on a daily basis toensure ideas are expressed appropriately
- Respond to feedback, contributing ideas andcollaborating to improve the performance and effectiveness of our content
- Quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changingtimelines with flexibility, grace and good humor
- Ensure consistency across our products anddocumentation
- Contribute to our design system, providing logicand rules for a variety of use cases, as well as helping to evolve ourcross-brand voice and tone as needed
- Be self-directed and mature enough to knowwhen to present updates, challenges or blockers the Creative Director in aregular and timely manner
Who you are
- 5+ years’ experience writing for UXexperiences (not Marketing or Advertising)
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Linguistics,Library Science, English or related field
- Hands-on experience with a UX Design teamfocused on retail and efficiency applications (Point of Sale, for instance)
- A deep understanding of UX and how copy anddesign support each other
- Ability to find concise ways to clearlycommunicate an idea without resorting to jargon or computer-speak
- Ability to manage several complex projectssimultaneously, working in rapid iteration
- Comfortable asking questions and tracking downanswers
- Experience with style guides and templates –Design System experience is a plus
- A critical thinker with a keen eye for detail;expert at spotting problem areas and optimizing text
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs