About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director, Product Quality is responsible for identifying &prioritizing product quality improvement opportunities in partnership with thebrands across Gap Inc. Manages in-marketinvestigations & escalations by overseeing the development & executionof in-market monitoring strategies for product quality. The Director will drivedevelopment of In Market and Customer facing quality analytics, serve as thecross-brand expert on product quality & standards, work and communicatewith Brands, GIS and vendors. TheDirector leads a team of five US based employees.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Oversees development &execution of in-market monitoring for product quality
- Manages in-market qualityescalation processes – identification, investigation, resolution &updatingeporting of the Quality Log
- Supports testing inquiriesacross Brands
- Identifies &prioritizes product quality improvement opportunities
- Serves as thecross-brand expert on product quality & standards including fabric, trims,product performance standards & product construction
- Drives development of in-market& customer facing quality analytics
- Manages publishing ofmonthly & quarterly in-market, on-line & customer returns reporting
- Delivers reporting& hind sighting on in-market quality performance
- Oversees the Gallatinbased DC product audit function operation & its methodology, staffing &reporting
Who you are
- BA/BS required.Preferred – Textile Technical Engineering, Textile Quality Assurance,Textile/Product Testing, Garment/Textile Manufacturing & Production
- In-depth technicalproduct knowledge & experience assessing product quality related issues
- 5+ years demonstratedtechnical & product quality assurance experience, preferably in specialtyretail
- Experience in leadingothers
- Demonstrated initiative& ability to work independently
- Solid project &team management skills
- Highly effectivecommunicator – verbal & written
- Ability to effectivelyanalyze data and generate business relevant reports
- Strong influencing& partnering skills
- Demonstrated ability todrive business results from investigative findings
- Able to work in andbring structure to ambiguous environments
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs