We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
This position will oversee the Art Direction team for all Location & Studio photo and video assets. This position will be responsible for executing and bringing to life the seasonal and campaign concepts and leading the strategic planning of assets against the ideas. Casting, location, and talent will be led by this position, working closely with the Sr. Manager of Photoshoot Production.
What you'll do
- Partner very closely with the Sr. Director, Concepting & Design to understand the vision and design framework for the season and the “big idea” per month (inclusive of a campaign level idea once per season). Plan casting, location, and photo/video assets to support that vision.
- Understand the needs of each marketing vehicle and “best practices” to develop creative that will have the greatest impact to the customer.
- Work closely with Sr. Manager Photoshoot production to leverage the budget and to identify new ways to shoot photography that will create agility and flexibility in the marketing pipeline.
- Secure a lineup of freelance talent to partner with on a consistent basis to help the brand achieve a recognizable photographic handwriting across end uses and across vehicles.
- Work with the Director, Creative Services to create a seamless and easy system of asset management to enable teams to access photography easily and to communicate preferred assets and video to the marketing and design teams.
Who you are
-10+ years of experience working as an Art Director/ Photographer for premium brands and/or innovative design firms.
- Experience with sport photography is required.
- Proven experience working with Art Directors, Production, and freelance talent.
- Deep skill and knowledge in all things related to photography and videography.
- Deep knowledge of a “Digital first” marketing approach, understanding the needs of paid and social media and how to capture creative that best suits the requirements of success in those channels.
- A change maker, a ground breaker, someone who challenges the status quo and can help us to move the brand forward.
- A positive, motivating leader that can easily collaborate and work through confrontation in a solution-minded way.
Sense of Urgency
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs