Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
What you'll do
- Prepares basic flat sketch designs
- Assists with basic specification of product
- Assists with color b.o.m.'s
- Attends fitting sessions with manager; make revisions to sketch and design package as needed
- May assist in researching the local market
- Will work within “design ecosystem,” inclusive of in-house designers and vendor partnerships, to create product that is brand right, aspirational, and commercially viable
- Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Responsible for trimming supplies and/or working with Trim Department to keep abreast of current ideas
Who you are
- Basic computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program)
- Basic product and fabric knowledge
- Basic understanding of garment construction
- Basic design and color sense
- Ability to perform basic flat sketches
- Basic organizational and communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- BA in Fashion Design or related field preferred
- 1 year of design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs