About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for confident, adventurous, soulful, fun-loving, high-performing and service-oriented individuals who have technical excellence in their fields, show extraordinary potential, and can embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.
This position requires a self-starter and supports the Web Content Development group and the Gap brands’ eCommerce teams by developing, deploying and monitoring WCD operations through analytics & dashboards to ensure WCD meets our core KPIs. Specific daily duties will include:
What you'll do
- Collaborate with key WCD stakeholders on how to best leverage analytics to construct dashboards and reporting mechanisms in order to inform better business decisions and optimization recommendations
- A vocal leader for developing dashboards, analytics and key metrics, mentoring others on the team in the application of this data
- Analyzing web analytics to deliver insights and form hypothesis.
- Interpreting commercial data reporting to aid in planning and health monitoring of systemic performance. Communicate effectively negative trends to leadership teams to reduce harmful impact to business.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled check-ins with WCD LT members and brand producers to guide and educate on WCD analytics and the technologies used to execute them.
- Manage business relationships with brand production, product management, marketing and creative teams
- Maintain the WCD “Gadget library” of phones and Gadgets & work with WCD developers to keep wall of phones running
Who you are
- Demonstrated experience with Web Analytics (Webtrends/Omniture/Google)
- Proficiency with website speed/performance analytics & tools – Google PageSpeed, Lighthouse, Yslow, SOASTA Mpulse, New Relic, Rigor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with understanding of the dynamics of large organizational politics. Technical writing skills a plus.
- Experience giving presentations
- Understanding of the modern commerce technology stack: testing, personalization
- Working knowledge of PHP, SQL or MySQL, XML, AJAX a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Mac OS X
- Familiarity with SEO and accessibility compliancy a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, or technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, or similar degree)
- E-commerce site experience preferred.
- Front-end marketing/design/UI background preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs