About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Product Operations Advanced Analytics Team drives business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands by applying industrial engineering/management science, statistical analysis and analytics to improve inventory and revenue management.
The team’s primary focus is creating analytical methodology for all tools and processes in product operations in Gap Inc. Areas of expertise include: demand planning, inventory replenishment, inventory and supply chain optimization, pricing, flexible inventory and supply chain initiatives.
What you'll do
- Provide quantitative research, modeling, analysis and support for identifying business opportunities/issues and form hypotheses
- Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Create revenue, inventory, price optimization models
- Provide assistance needed to implement the recommendations
- Identify and track the metrics to measure the success of a specific business opportunity
- Manage projects or part of larger initiatives, including modeling, analysis, etc
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Proven ability to develop and apply analytic solutions to solve business problems
- Ability to work both at a detail level as well as to summarize findings and extrapolate knowledge to make strong recommendations for change
- Experience developing short and long term visions for solutions that have significant business impact
- Demonstrated examples of working with business partners to deliver a solution that met objectives
- Knowledge of inventory management, merchandising, pricing, supply chain management and optimization principles and concepts
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization, pricing and forecasting approaches for retail software or the retail industry
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and work independently with minimal supervision
2) Minimum educational level:
- PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or Management Science required
3) Minimum experience:
- 5+ yrs. of professional experience
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, statistical, optimization and simulation packages (SQL, MATLAB, SAS etc) is must
- Inventory management, pricing experience is highly desirable
- Experience working for retailers, consulting to retailers is highly desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experienced at working with business process owners to understand the process impact
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs