About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Senior Manager of BR Product Execution will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Banana Republic Specialty organization by driving process improvement and integration of enterprise initiatives through our ongoing operating model transformation. As we accelerate the adoption of new product development capabilities like product testing and demand driven buying, and continuously improve our core product-to-market process, this role will provide critical guidance to optimizing our end-to-end product booking processes.
This position will require a strong understanding of the systems and tools behind our product life cycle, and desire to drive change through people, process and tools. Must have the ability to manage complexity, communicate persuasively, and effectively leverage relationships with executives and teams. Familiarity with the product buying cycle, with knowledge of the functional responsibilities for design, product development, merchandising and inventory management (Planning and Yield Management) would be a plus. The role also partners with the supply chain, GapTech, and international sourcing offices to ensure the seamless execution of our buys.
What you'll do
- Lead project management and develop project infrastructure for large scale projects requiring coordination among multiple functional areas.
- Develop symbiotic relationships across functions that will aid in the implementation and execution of brand-specific and cross-brand supply chain strategy solutions
- Maintain integrity and momentum relative to work completed for process, pipeline and associated guardrails
- Establish, maintain and drive change management plans to support the adoption and integration of new processes
- Share key project progress milestones with brand and supply chain leadership
- Drive buy readiness and booking readiness protocols through the cross functional teams
- Partner with P2M leader to coordinate seasonal booking and demand driven buying execution with the product development calendar
- Leverage Product Operations Analyst for report and tool creation to improve visibility and execution against new capabilites
- Structure Booking Management and flag resolution process to enable the cross functional team to more seamlessly execute buys
- Continually reassess and refine work process required to competitively deliver product to market. Partner with GapTech and supply chain partners to streamline how our process works with established technology ecosystem: PETE/RPT/Tradestone/PLM
Who you are
- 7+ years of work experience, preferably with supply chain and/or production, retail apparel, management consulting and/or consumer products
- Proven project management and process development capabilities; ability to manage complexity and competing demands
- Strong change management, strategy and operational experience; prefer best practice knowledge and demonstrated experience in inventory management execution, supply chain or booking execution development
- Demonstrated ability to think globally and translate information into effective strategies and drive results
- Strong oral, written communication and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and meeting facilitation
- Strong interpersonal skills, works well as a part of a cross-functional team and is able to influence and interact at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional analytical, decision making, trouble-shooting, mediation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in influencing change outside of span of control or authority
- Experience working in and ability to bring structure to ambiguous and multitasking work environments
- Strong decision making, time management and organization skills
- Proven ability to teach and transfer knowledge
- Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel proficiency preferred
- 4 year Bachelors degree required
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs