About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Come help build a world-class mobile in-store experience for Gap Inc. brands (Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta). Your deep knowledge of Swift, XCode, and MVC design patterns will be called upon to delight our customers.
What you'll do
- Develop native iOS applications for our next-generation Point of Sales iOS systems as part of an Agile team of iOS and API engineers
- Identify, analyze, and optimize iOS-based products through the lens of domain-driven design/thinking
- Actively participate in design and architectural discussions
- Conduct code reviews and evangelize high code quality with the team; ensure apps are responsive and performing
- Continuously practice TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Exemplify passion for quality and attention to detail, share dedication in providing best customer experience
Who you are
- 5+ years in Information Technology, with experience mentoring/leading a group of high performing engineers
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related degree/equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of the iOS platform and the associated tool chain
- Software development in Swift
- Experience with web technologies and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Thorough understanding of mobile clients and RESTful API contracts and interactions
- Shipped one or more iOS applications which are still available in the App Store
- Experiments with new technologies and features and builds quick prototypes
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs