About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Customer Experience Product Management team at Gap Inc is responsible for creating a best in class digital brand experience. The work of product management impacts all brands; Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands.
This is the team that ideates, executes, and delivers technology for Gap Inc.’s portfolio of specialty apparel brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Our proprietary, multi-brand shopping platform drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences across all of our brands. We are expanding our platform to enhance omni-channel capabilities, launch international markets, optimize mobile and tablet experiences, and support the growth of our retail store fleet.
Product Manager – Digital Customer Experience, Platform identifies high-value opportunities and works directly with technology teams to drive our platform forward to support growth and capabilities to offer a best in class ecommerce experience.
The role requires a combination of business savvy and technical knowledge. We are looking for experienced product managers with an inquisitive nature and an inherent love for products.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management, Customer Experience.You get to do:
What you'll do
- Serve as product owner, leader, and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development
- Own and execute on product strategy and influence the direction of our technology platform for our world class brands
- Test and learn into compelling new capabilities and customer experiences
- Champion the needs of the customer and business stakeholders, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with local and distributed business partners and agile/lean development teams
- Deliver software incrementally, on schedule and within budget
- Identify multiple approaches and negotiate trade-offs with stakeholders
- Partner with very closely with technology, user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams
- Work with business teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts, as needed
- Conduct analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
- Manage multiple, concurrent initiatives in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Identify new opportunities and develop technology solutions that drive value for Gap Inc., including:
o Gathering input from our customers and internal and external sources
o Justifying and prioritizing roadmaps, development initiatives and expenditures
o Testing and learning into new experiences
o Analyzing competitors and market trends
o Evaluating new technologies
Who you are
- 4-7 years of digital product management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA or technical degree a plus
- Hands-on experience building customer-facing web software or implementing enterprise solutions
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the customer needs, achieved business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams
- Ability to work independently with “make it happen” attitude; able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; self-starter and quick learner; calm and efficient under pressure
- Be versatile and be able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast paced environment with tough deadlines
- Demonstrated technical acumen with an ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs; able to communicate technical concepts to business users
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation format to business leaders at all levels and influence key stakeholders across the organization
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented; proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Agile, Lean or other iterative development processes
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.