About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The 3rd Party and Licensing team is an exciting part of the sourcing organization within Gap Inc. We manage the products bought from a third party or Licensing vendors as well as private label partnerships and special collection collaborations. We touch many product categories including, but not limited to, licensed apparel, beauty, travel, jewelry and home all fall under our scope
Our team provides end to end support - negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and complete production management. Due to the wide variety of vendors and product we handle, and the trouble-shooting nature of our role, we get to work with every node of the company, from finance and legal to logistics and product testing to packaging and marketing.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Develop strong relationships with vendors and cross-functional teams
- Partner with merchants to discuss new strategies and growth opportunities and recommend opportunities to support proposed plans.
- Work as the liaison between merchants and vendors in product development. Source new fabrics, techniques as needed
- Partner with Senior Manager/Manager to source new vendors as needed and manage vendor base.
- Review all products costing from vendors and negotiate to ensure that all goals are met each season.
- Maintain and update internal systems with product and costing information - Enter and maintain accuracy of data within multiple internal systems: PLM, Bulk Uploader, Costing Tool, ACT, SCMS and Prompt
- Analyze seasonal assortment and create comprehensive cost recaps for cross-functional teams
- Finalize cost, confirm seasonal bookings with vendors, and pass off final bookings with complete details for purchase order creation.
- Ensure product integrity and safety by reviewing styles with Product Safety Regulations team, and analyzing failed test reports. Communicate exceptions to vendors and cross-functional team, ensuring Certificate of Compliance (COC) compliance
- Track all pre-production samples, review with merchants, and send approvals to vendors in timely manner
- Assist in sourcing new vendors as needed
- Assist with vendor onboarding to ensure that vendors are clear on Gap Inc. testing protocols, shipping requirements, invoicing etc.
- Build and roll-out seasonal calendars to all vendors and ensure deadlines are met - Communicate deliverables and changes in timelines to multiple business partners
- Quarterly store visits to audit product assortment and ensure quality consistency
Who you are
- Understanding of Product Lifecycle Management.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn & utilize multiple systems for data pulling and enjoys this type of work
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience working with vendors or manufacturers
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to anticipate and adapt to change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- General understanding of retail math and/or comfortable with numbers
- Curiosity and ability to learn about new product categories quickly
- Detail oriented and highly motivated; proactive with work assignments
- Product Development - experience in driving product development and understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management
- Problem Solver - can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in product development, production, or sourcing roles
- Bachelor’s degree
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs