About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. Gap Inc. and the Global Supply Chain & Product Operations team is reinventing them.
We set and drive the operational strategy and optimization from Design to Delivery across Gap Inc.’s portfolio of brands. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience with high quality, on trend product at the right value across the portfolio. We identify key industry trends and innovations and assess opportunities to improve our end-to-end capabilities to bring the right product to her in a faster, more efficient and seamless way. We also help our brands and channels grow in a smart, scalable way.
To enable this, we are building best-in-class capabilities based on a clear strategic roadmap to win in the dynamic retail market. The Sr. Analyst of GSC&PO Strategy owns partnering with Supply Chain and Operations and cross-functional leaders to set our strategic roadmap and capabilities needed to succeed, and to drive these cross-functional priorities.
What you'll do
- Own and manage key strategic initiatives and work streams within larger initiatives, which may include global growth, ecommerce and omnichannel, product operations and supply chain operations:
Support the development of our long-range plan and executive materialsDevelop a deep knowledge of the Gap Inc. operating model, processes and systems that support business execution, and identify needs and opportunities for improvementEnsure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope
- Develop and devise scope, structure and approach to answering a question, e.g. the value of entering a new market, or of investing in a new capability
- Help leaders and team in identifying key issues and developing hypotheses on how to drive to conclusions
- Conduct modeling and analysis along qualitative and quantitative measures
- Surface and address roadblocks with stakeholders before they impact business results
- Deliver insights, recommendations and updates to leadership
- Lead and manage cross-functional projects on behalf of Supply Chain such as new market entry, including managing workplans
Who you are
- 2+ years of professional experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar analytic role
- Experience in operations, supply chain, product to market processes for apparel retail specifically merchandising, inventory management, ecommerce and other relevant experience a plus
- Experience with project management
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Aptitude and willingness to “get one’s hands dirty” and conduct financial and operational modeling, write executive presentations and manage projects directly
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.