About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Tech drives innovative retail, e-commerce and global enterprise technology for our headquarters operations and our five iconic brands across the world. We push boundaries. We challenge the status quo. Innovation sits at the core of everything we do. And we’re not here just to execute; we’re here to learn and grow. As individuals, we’re passionate, diverse, innovative and wickedly talented. As a team, we’re making amazing things happen in our offices, our stores and our communities. We are diversifying our talent globally and expanding our reach by opening a technology hub in Hyderabad, India. Growing over time, this center will become critical in enabling technology that powers Gap Inc. business globally.
In this role, you will lead the Network Engineering/Ops team and run Gap's Global Distribution/Fulfillment centers. As people leader first and delivery manager second, this leader must not only build a great team but also inspire and lead them. You will be responsible for technical and architecture implementation against the agreed scope and quality of the end product delivered. Works closely with Network Director, Architects, Product manager and Scrum Master to balance product architecture and delivery timeline.
What you'll do
- Design, monitor, maintain, and build out Gap's distribution/fulfillment center network Infrastructure
- Owns end-to-end quality of their product(s) jointly with Product manager and architecture
- Owns and maintains technical roadmaps for their product(s)
- Drive simple and scalable approach to new technology solutions using automation to enable the organization to easily deploy and operate new features, capabilities and functionality
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and operate outside the comfort zone of established methods and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to gain immediate credibility at all levels both inside and outside the organization and develop lasting, productive and collaborative relationships
- Build a high performing build & run team that operates with a culture of business and customer centricity
- Ensures that metrics appropriate to measure their product(s) health are produced, reviewed and understood (SLAs, Availability, performance metrics, NPM, etc.)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including the ability to simplify key messages, present compelling stories and promote technical and personal credibility with internal and external executives, and both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven success working across organizational and geographic boundaries Provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation and team building
Who you are
- 10+ years’ experience managing complex Network infrastructure especially in large scale supply chain / distribution centers
- At least 5+ years of experience in a Leadership role building and managing high performing teams
- Experience in one or more Infrastructure automation technologies (automating network and host provisioning)
- Experience with material handling and other relevant logistics/supply chain technologies/platforms
- Experience with DevOps & ITIL approach in running a superior service operations & delivery function.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks or projects to align with the strategic objectives and with business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to assign recurring tasks and to utilize metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Thorough understanding of operational support processes, excellent business acumen and ability to direct team in dissecting and diagnosing complex problems.
- Proven record of building high performing teams
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs