About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Product to Market Architect will lead our software architects that specifically design solutions supporting Gap’s modern planning tools. The ideal candidate has a strong background in software architecture and modern, cloud-native application development. This is both a people management and a hands-on technical role.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of software architects that are delivering critical components of our product planning and realization tools.
- Facilitate technical decision making amongst internal groups, including product management, software delivery and architecture
- Work to integrate a variety of software solutions and platforms. Some have been custom-built and others are provided by vendors
- Provide oversight, leadership and visibility to all platform stakeholders
- Drive consistency, reliability and observability in distributed, heterogeneous platform
- Improve solution quality and long-term cost of ownership
Who you are
- BS or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience in a technical leadership position
- Good presentation skills and executive presence
- A desire to both manage people and to solve complex architectural problems
- Recent coding experience
- Familiarity with two or more of: Java, C++, C#, Python
- Experience with Kafka, MQ or closely related messaging technologies
- Demonstrated skills in complex system engineering
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, facilitate good decision making and effectively communicate nuances of technical concerns
- Experience with MongoDB and SQL Server
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Experience with cloud computing technologies, including PaaS, IaaS and Azure
- Experience with monitoring technologies, including New Relic and PagerDuty
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs