About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.’s mission to be the world’s favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.’s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based solutions using best in class platforms. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
The Stores Architect will drive and own current and strategic architecture for Gap Inc. Stores Platform across all brands. The Stores Platform comprises of all applications and infrastructure used for supporting Point-of-Service (POS), Loyalty, Store Inventory, Workforce Management, Stores Portal and other back-of-house applications. The Stores Architect will drive discussions focused on building highly scalable, resilient, available, and secure applications that adapt to emerging standards and technologies. The Stores Architect will also assess current Stores application landscape in order to plan and execute a Cloud Migration strategy for these applications.
What you'll do
- Create Stores Architecture roadmap and drive the journey to the cloud
- Partner with Stores DevOps and Support teams in the design of new applications and enhancements to existing applications; thus, ensuring that they align with Stores strategic architecture
- Partner with Store Engineering team to explore and implement next-generation infrastructure in Stores that is aligned with Stores strategic growth
- Document architectural patterns, guidelines, blueprints, and internal processes of all strategic Stores applications using Application Architecture Documents
- Explore, prototype, and identify new tools and technologies for use within Stores
- Partner with Architecture Review Board in getting approvals for Application Architecture Documents, Tools and Technologies for use within Stores
- Design, implement, and test Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Architecture
- Ensure all Store Applications meet SLAs for quality attributes like scalability, availability, resilience, performance, monitoring, and security
- Troubleshoot production issues and respond to after-hours escalations
- Partner with Product Managers, DevOps, Stores Support, Store Engineering, and Cloud Platform teams to ensure alignment on Stores Strategic Architecture
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related focus
- 7+ years as Solution/Enterprise Architect in Retail Stores and/or eCommerce
- Exceptional problem solving skills coupled with strong communication and presentation skills; ability to forge relationships and influence up and down the organizational levels
- Hands-on experience architecting and implementing large-scale, highly available, scalable, and secure applications
- Champion of architecture through the filter of application security best practices and use of firewalls, encryption, and incident response
- Deep experience in Agile methodology; knowledgeable in the setup and use of CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on experience with a public cloud vendor (e.g. Azure / AWS / Salesforce)
- Strong knowledge of Store network architecture, load balancing, DNS, VPC/VNET, Linux, and virtualization technologies such as VMware and OpenStack
- C++, Swift, Ruby
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Oracle Retail Platform
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs