About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
• Sets overall direction, creates seasonal Print POV in line with brand filters and oversees development of print designs across male including mens, boys, toddler boys and baby boy.
• Fully responsible for managing a team of print designers in all aspects of entire print design process including print trend direction, market research, mood board creation, print artwork, color direction and high quality print execution across all male divisions.
• Ensures consistency of family print messages between differing businesses (e.g., adult/kid)
• Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates staff.
• Responsible for managing and providing creative direction to print design team by encouraging a culture of creativity, productive thinking and collaborating with the wider design team.
• In conjunction with management, responsible for visualizing and determining strategic direction of business; accountable for process improvement, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/company.
• Fully responsible for ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
• Consistently seeks out Global Innovation.
Who you are
• In-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes.
• Excellent leadership/management skills.
• Ability to set overall creative tone and lead creative design process.
• Excellent sense of style and color.
• Proven excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
• Ability to deal with managerial issues (ie career development, performance management).
• College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
• Minimum of ten years design experience including 4 years of managerial experience.
• Ability to use personal computer.
• Frequent travel is required.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs