About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Banana Republic is looking for a Brand Art Director. The Brand Art Director will work directly under the VP Brand Creative Director and must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, ideate spontaneously across a broad range of areas and translate ideas and abstract concepts into visually materials that support brand and its product strategies.
The Brand Art Director role requires a strong graphic design and production background with skills in typography, branding and advertising/ marketing. The position would also require the candidate to clearly communicate these ideas to cross functional partners, outside agencies and vendors.
What you'll do
- Art Director will create compelling creative solutions for all creative brand initiatives based on the brand positioning.
- Including the creation and execution of, seasonal stories, internal presentations, engagement programs and directional store documents.
- Translate strategic and conceptual direction into working creative assets, both 2 and 3D, across all mediums including; product packaging, ecommerce, POS/ retail environment, merchandising, social media, print and digital advertising, franchise toolkit/guides, conference and consumer engagement environments.
- Apply current trends in culture, design, advertising, fashion, social media, digital, entertainment, etc. to the brand in ways that keep the brand relevant.
Manage multiple projects, outside partner relationships and corresponding deadlines.
Understand post production of photographic and printed materials, and be able to communicate with corresponding vendors.
Who you are
- XHTML (not necessary)
CSS (not necessary)
- Adobe Final Cut Pro (not necessary)
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs